Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Diamond in the Rough

I am sure at one time in your life you had something that you owned that was a little less than perfect or barely passable by most people's standards. Well, this particular item of mine is my vintage 1972 Chevy C10 truck that I love but doesn't sit well with the rest of my family because it is "old" as they say. It has alot of potential and has a great running engine as most of you saw before in another post of mine.  Here is how it sits currently in all of it's glory as a hard working truck, doing what trucks were meant to do...Haul Stuff!



To me it is fun to drive, even though it doesn't have air conditioning, power brakes or power steering. What it does have is a well built motor with not much that can go wrong with it, other than something mechanical.....unlike today's cars and trucks that have way too much smog and sensor stuff. My plan is to slow repair the rust areas with new sheet metal, which I have some of already and to redo the paint and the interior. It is alot of work and I enjoy doing it, but it takes time to do it right. This is something similar to what I would like for my truck to look like.



I have always been nuts about these trucks and one day I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one. It had a locked up motor and was in bad shape but I brought it back from the graveyard (junkyard). Soon, I will be tearing into it and bringing it back to something that my wife and kids would be proud to ride in with me. So, to all of you with a Diamond in the Rough, just remember that that Diamond is waiting for you to find it and make it shine for all to see!  

8 comments:

My Picnic Basket said...

I love Vintage car, and nowadays it is the trend for a car..Your car will look awesome after it will repair :).. Dont think what people say, the important is you enjoy your car, after all it is not all above having a expensive car, as long as it takes you where you go that is fine..

Bless said...

I so agree, you still can make it shine. As long as the engine is in running condition, the outside appearance can easily be done. Good luck on this project of yours.

Dhemz said...

wow, good for you! some people are really into this kind of hobby.

RonSilvoza.com said...

wow... this is what pimp the ride is all about... hehe..

cheers! kanice ani pagka mod oi...:)

Nancy said...

Not even happening yet but I find your plans impressive. Good luck!

Jessica Cassidy said...

My husband is a chevy guy too :-) He will never drive another truck :-) not unless it is chevy :-) I am sure that you can make that chevy pretty as new :-)

jheylo said...

those are nice and classic trucks. not so familiar with the manufacturers though as i am not into cars, but my husband does. he's probably familiar with it

emzkie said...

aw.. you can still fix that truck and make it look new again. people do that here in US. if you love trucks, you should check out the sports chassis. my husband dream of owning one, one day..