Thursday, August 26, 2010

Will The Florida Gators Still Have Bite?

I appreciate the guest post, Lindsay Valdez

In the early 90s, the Florida Gators were known for their high-powered offense and consistent winning. They had a great rivalry with the FSU Seminoles, who also had a good offense, but were more balanced at the time. In the end, it turned out that FSU was more successful. However, since that time, FSU has lost its credibility as a college football powerhouse. The same had happened to Florida for a while, but luckily, they changed that a few years ago. Once Tim Tebow was running the offense, they went from a marginal squad to an outstanding one. For three years, the dominated college football. It was similar to watching the New England Patriots of the early 2000s. The Gators would score at will and defend when necessary. And I got to see it all on my tv that I got from one of the satellite tv companies near Denver.

If you follow college football, then you know that last season had a slightly disappointing ending. Okay, slightly might be an understatement, but at least we were champions twice prior to that. How many teams around the league can say that? I have to admit, though, I fear the future. With Tebow gone to the Denver Broncos - with one of the oddest rookie haircuts in history - what will happen to Florida's offense? Even though I'm a Gators fan, I'll give you a hint - it will be a shadow of its former self.

No comments: