Sunday, March 29, 2009

The File Extension 3g2

Ok Their is another file extension I will talk about it's the File Extension 3g2. If you are like me, you probably haven't heard of this one before. I was really curious when I saw it. I had to clue what it was for. 3GP or File Extension 3g2 is a simplified version of the MP4 format, designed to accommodate cell phones. There are two different standards for this format:

• 3GPP (for GSM-based Phones, may have filename extension .3gp)
• 3GPP2 (for CDMA-based Phones, may have filename extension .3g2)

3GP or File Extension 3g2 is a usually for use on 3G cell phones but can also be played on some 2G and 4G phones. When transferred to a computer, 3GP movies can be viewed on Linux, Mac and Windows with Media Player RealPlayer or QuickTime. Some cell phones use the .mp4 extension for 3GP video.

Well, I hope this helps a little and gives you a little info about this file type. A lot more cell phones are 3G now, so you will probably see it in the future. Enjoy!!

No comments: