Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Business School

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy

I guess I was naïve when I thought business school would prepare me to run my own business effectively…it didn’t. I had a lot to learn but I didn’t even know it and there was a pretty steep learning curve when I first started working in this industry. It didn’t take me long to catch on to some things but the more logistical, organizational stuff I still struggle with to this day. I had to learn all about bank-card-processing.com and tax laws and human resources certifications and I’ve had to do the accounting all by myself which is terrifying – what if I make a big mistake? At the end of the day I think things will all work out but if I had a chance I’d go back and add a few classes to my lineup during the business school years to better prepare me for what the real world would be like. I guess I just never knew there were so many things to think about when you became an entrepreneur by yourself!

No comments: