Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Experience is Key

I have done alot of things in my life and I am only 35.  Hopefully, I will live many more years and add to my knowledge of things. I started out after High School working for a construction company in Manchester, TN and one day they decided they needed to let some people go. So, once again I was looking for a job. Next I found myself working at a plumbing and electrical supply store/wharehouse. I did the deliveries and all of the shipping/receiving of the merchandise there. Needless to say, I was really busy there! I gained alot of experience from working construction and working with plumbing/electrical supplies. Eventually I ended up building houses for a living. Ever since I was in my teens, my Dad has been working with computers and I would help him alot, so I have also been working with computers (hardware and software), since then and still do. Of course, we also like to build things for around the home, like tables, desks, entertainment centers, kitchen cabinets, etc. I have gained alot of knowledge from doing things like this. One thing that has helped me is knowing that if you really want to learn how to do something, just keep trying until you are good at it. Never say you CAN"T do something, it's just because you don't know how. YOU have the power to change that.

No comments: